What do you think of when considering the most comfortable office chairs? For the most part, you’d probably like a chair that no matter how long you sit, you don’t feel pain or stiffness.
After all, sitting for extended hours can put a toll on your back, neck, and shoulders, plus hinder your work. A comfy office chair along with an appropriate workstation is a nice start.
One of the great things about this site is we don’t just offer you the office chair reviews, but we provide you with an abundant amount of useful information like what consists in a user-friendly workstation. Not only should you have an office chair that is proportioned to you, but desk heights, computer heights, and phone placement are also important factors when it comes to ergonomics in the workplace.
We invite you to take a moment and read through these sections and reviews; just perhaps it will help you in making informed decisions when it comes to creating a healthy atmosphere for your body.
MOST COMFORTABLE OFFICE CHAIRS: WHAT TO LOOK FOR?
When you’re researching new office chairs to go with your workstation or desk there are a few things that you should consider before purchasing. The OSHA answers document can assist you, but it’s not necessary to skim through all those pages, when what you need is right here.
- Make sure that the adjustment handles or levers are easily manipulated and easily reached.
- You should be able to adjust the seat height and tilt.
- The right kind of wheels for the flooring
- Swivel action, preferably 360°
- The seat portion should have a curved front so your legs wrap comfortably.
- The backrest should be shaped to support the natural curve of the spine, especially the lumbar portion.
- A breathable material so you won’t sweat or get too hot while sitting.
- Armrests that can be adjusted to the appropriate level of your computer, and ones that do not interfere with the desk or get caught up in any of your work areas.
- Your chair should have a stable base, at least five points.
- Most importantly, the office chair should fit you comfortably.
Follow all of this advice, and you’ll end up with the perfect chair for your needs.