- 1 Top Racing Seat Office Chairs
- 1.1 DXRacer Classic Series Big and Tall Chair Bucket Seat Office Chair
- 1.2 DXRacer Racing Series New Edge Edition Bucket Seat Chair
- 1.3 DXRacer Formula Series Newedge Edition Racing Seat Office Chair
- 1.4 Merax Stylish Devil’s Eye Racing Seat Gaming Chair
- 1.5 Homall Executive Swivel Leather Racing Seat Office Chair
- 1.6 Furmax Pu Leather Gaming Chair Executive Racing Style Gaming Chair
- 2 Racing chairs, REALLY? Are they really good?
- 3 The top 3 things to consider when buying a Racing Seat Office chair
- 4 Do you know you can convert your car seat into a racing car chair?
- 5 DX Chairs: A big Yay or a sombre Nay?
- 6 FAQs
- 6.1 Q1. How is a racing seat different from a normal chair?
- 6.2 Q2. Do these support a formal environment in an office?
- 6.3 Q3. How much height and weight do racing chairs support?
- 6.4 Q4. Do racing seat chairs improve your healthy lifestyle and sitting postures?
- 6.5 Q5. Are racing bucket seat chairs meant only for PC gaming?
- 6.6 Q6. Are racing seat chairs worth investing for?
- 6.7 Q7. Do racing seat chairs differ in respect to compatibility according to various gaming systems?
- 7 Best Racing Seat Office Chair Comparison Chart For 2017
- 8 Wrap Up!
Read on to know about the racing seat office chairs to have a clearer picture before you shell out your money for one of those.
First of foremost!
Do you have the faintest idea that the chairs can be dated back to almost the days of the Pharaohs in Egypt when they used to have chairs only for high ranking officials and it was kept strictly for rituals and ceremonies!
Again, coming down to the Shakespearean age in Europe, there evolved first wooden chairs and the pads of the chairs were generally constructed by gathering a lot of straws together. From a plan wooden chair, coming down the modern padded ergonomic office chairs, arrive the racing seat office chairs. Sounds really fancy, doesn’t it? This is one of the most quirky concepts that have taken the racing enthusiasts by storm.
If you are looking for comfort, you should take a look at some of these extremely comfy chairs!
Top Racing Seat Office Chairs
- DXRacer Classic Series Big and Tall Chair Racing Bucket Seat Office Chairs
- PRICE $$$$$
- Color : Black/Coffee
- Material : Leather Style Vinyl, Metal
- Dimension : 24 x 27 x 51 inches
- Weight : 66 pounds
- Weight Capacity : <250 lbs / 113.4kg
- DXRacer Racing Series Newedge Edition Racing Bucket Seat Office Chair
- PRICE $$$$
- Color : Black/Blue
- Material : PU, Metal
- Dimension : 27 x 21 x 50 inches
- Weight : 49 pounds
- Weight Capacity : <200 lbs / 90.7 kg
- DXRacer Formula Series Newedge Edition Office Chair
- PRICE $$$
- Color : Black/White
- Material : Mesh and PU
- Dimension : 27 x 21 x 50 inches
- Weight : 49 pounds
- Weight Capacity : <200 lbs / 91 kg
- Merax Stylish Devil's Eye Series High-Back Gaming Chair
- PRICE $$
- Color : Orange
- Material : PU Leather and Mesh
- Dimension : 32 x 26 x 13 inches
- Weight : 40 pounds
- Weight Capacity : 225lbs
- Homall Executive Swivel Leather Office Chair
- PRICE $
- Color : Blue
- Material : Metal and Mesh/PU
- Dimension : 29.9 x 22.8 x 12.6 inches
- Weight : 35 pounds
- Weight Capacity : 280 LBS
- Furmax Pu Leather Gaming Chair Racing Style Gaming Chair
- PRICE $$
- Color : Red
- Material : Pu Leather
- Dimension : 21.2 x 19 x 21 inches
- Weight : N / A
- Weight Capacity : 330 LBS
DXRacer Classic Series Big and Tall Chair Bucket Seat Office Chair
Looks pretty interesting and neat when it comes to placing this in the office.
- Extremely high and comfortable back
- 3 caster wheels
- Firm and wide base made up of aluminium
- Adjustable backrest to any position of comfort
- Headrest is integrated with the back
- Superior seat quality
- Height of the chair is adjustable
- Armrests can be adjusted to position of comfort
- Cushioned Lumbar support
- Frame has a lifetime warranty
- Chair parts have 24 months warranty
- Weight capacity is less than 250 lbs
Are you looking for an office chair have weight limits between 300 and 500 pounds?
To be honest:
- The chair offers really good leg room for people who have a healthy physic. The foam of the chair is stiff and that helps in accentuating blood circulation.
- The chair is not noisy at all and that is at times, REALLY peaceful.
- For people who aren’t quite tall enough, they might not be able to fit on to the backrest properly, but the cushion should fix this situation in no time.
- The investment on this chair is pretty much worth every penny but on this price some plastic coverings on the screws might just annoy you.
- It is a pretty nice one when it comes to quality control and longevity. The armrests of the chair, if not adjusted properly, might feel a little too apart but that shall depend on the individual sitting on the chair.
DXRacer Racing Series New Edge Edition Bucket Seat Chair
The only phrase that can define this chair would be, ‘if looks could kill’.
- Soft and padded armrests
- Brilliant colour combination
- High and comfortable back
- Headrest is integrated
- Backrest is adjustable to suit any position of comfort
- Extra inclusion consists of lumbar and head cushion
- Frame has a lifetime warranty
- Chair parts have 24 months warranty
- Ergonomically built
- Maximum weight capacity is within 200 lbs
- Adjustable seat and armrest height
Coming down to reality:
- If you are buying this to install at your gaming cabin or at your office cabin, the chair will surely add to the quirk quotient of your space.
- The chair will allow the individual sitting on it to lean back at a position of comfort without having to put the knees up. This is a real comfort for the people who spend so much of time looking at the monitors.
- The seats are definitely comfortable for people who are on the heavier side and they can sit nicely for long hours.
- If you want to take a quick break even in the middle of your long work schedules, the cushions will just allow you to recline and may be look at the television for some time and enjoy some moments of a soccer game.
- The pillow for the neck might feel a little too small for some people but it is manageable for standard people.
- The chair looks really gorgeous, especially in terms of the fact that the people who love racing can really enjoy the looks.
- The lumbar support of the chair can be problematic if there the pillow is not used.
DXRacer Formula Series Newedge Edition Racing Seat Office Chair
A luxurious office chair that does not burn a hole in your pocket and looks uber cool!
- Weight capacity is less than 200lbs
- Armrests are padded and adjustable
- Has integrated headrest
- The base is nylon-made
- Includes cushion for lumbar support and headrest
- Flexible tilt mechanism
- Backrest is high
- Exact copy of a formula one seat
- Seat height is adjustable with gas spring
- One can comfortably sit on this for probably 8 hours or more because of the heightened level of comfort.
- The back can be tilted completely which enable your back to be stretched and rested.
- The cushion can lend you the comfort that you need, but the firm backrest can also enable a very firm support for your back.
- This will help individuals heal wrong postures over time, so it might be extremely useful when installed in offices and other work spaces.
- The chair looks really cool and the colour options are pretty interesting.
- The chair is worth every penny that you shell out.
- Assembling the chair can be done without any external help.
Merax Stylish Devil’s Eye Racing Seat Gaming Chair
Stellar looks with unbelievable price tags!
- Seat height is adjustable
- Looks absolutely stunning
- Easy to assemble
- Seat height can be adjusted
- Armrests are thickly padded
- Has a sturdy base
- Superior quality casters
- Combination of leather and mesh fabric
Coming down to reality:
- The chair is not certainly for kids and is suitable for teenagers and above.
- The chair is extremely comfortable to sit and the recliner works without even making any squeaking noise.
- The upholstery is superior with a stitching quality which is detailed.
- The quality of the upholstery may be superior, but when it comes off from a fresh package, this chair might smell kind of weird, which would slowly fade away after staying in fresh air for some days.
- The seating area is really wide and that would allow anyone with a heavy weight to sit with ease.
- The price of the chair is pretty decent in terms of the quality that is being offered.
Homall Executive Swivel Leather Racing Seat Office Chair
An extremely decent swivel racing chair for your office.
- Superior quality racing chair
- Adjustable seat height
- Extremely sober looks
- Ergonomically built
- Can swivel 360 degree
- Waterfall design
- Mesh seat and back
- Sturdy casters for support
- Strong frame
- Offers lifetime warranty with conditions
- Weight capacity is maximum 280lbs
- Can be rocked to and fro
To be very honest:
- Though the chair comes with a detailed manual, the chair is extremely hard to assemble and takes a lot of effort to put together the small details.
- The chair is pretty decent for the price that you have to shell out for this one, but you can always go for a higher and more comfortable version by adding a little money to this one.
- The leg room of this chair is a little less and though it is mentioned that the maximum weight capacity is 280lbs, anyone above 200 can actually get really uncomfortable on this chair.
- The chair looks pretty sleek which is a major plus and the quality of the upholstery is pretty good as well and does not look inexpensive.
Furmax Pu Leather Gaming Chair Executive Racing Style Gaming Chair
The colour combination won’t let you take your eyes off it.
- Really high back
- Has a bucket seat
- Maximum weight capacity is 330lbs
- Entire chair can tilt 150 degree on the back
- Perfect for working, playing or relaxation
- PU leather covering
- Ergonomic built
- Gas-lift system
- Adjustable height
- Sturdy nylon base
- Stable angle of recline
Coming down to reality:
- You get a bomb for the price that you are shelling out for the chair.
- The quality is really superior and has a lot of leg space which can comfortably allow any individual with a healthy body to sit even for long hours without feeling numb on his or her legs.
- The upholstery looks fancy and is made of very good material.
- The lumbar support if brilliantly comfortable as the seat is bucket style. This allows the lower part of your body to enjoy the ease without you having to slouch or feeling uncomfortable on the tail bone area after sitting for long hours.
- The armrests are extremely sturdy and firm yet cushioned just at the right places so that your hands don’t hang loose.
Racing chairs, REALLY? Are they really good?
Oh Absolutely! Now that you have at least had a fair idea about the kind of office racing chairs that you can invest upon, you should keep in mind some points before choosing the right chair for your office.
Whether you are a professional gamer or a racing enthusiast who would simply install this chair in your office, a racer chair is always something that renders to the coolness of the place.
There are certain positive aspects of using a racing chair in office. Let us take a quick look on the positive factors of using a racing chair in office.
Racing Seats are extremely comfortable
The racing chairs have an elevated level of comfort and can be sat upon for more than five to six hours at a stretch. The kind of lifestyle that we lead has metaphorically keeps us strapped on to the working chairs for really long hours which results in sore back and shoulder muscles and also stiffness of necks. But when it comes to the racing chairs, the manufacturers take note that they design it in such a way that the individuals can experience maximised comfort and do not duffer from things like muscle cramps, stiffness or sudden numbness.
The racing chairs are multipurpose
The racing chairs have a lot of uses and if compared to normal office chairs, the racing would be a really profitable investment. The racing chairs will let you work for a considerable amount of hours, the chairs will let you ease and recline and perhaps catch a movie sitting on the chair.
The racing chairs are really easy to assemble and also maintain
These racing chairs have an easy handling quotient and also they are really easy to clean and maintain since there are less of really complex fixtures throughout the body of the chair. It is somewhat uniform in nature which allows the user to keep it in perfect shape all the time.
They come with cool innovations
At times, the racing chairs shall be responsible for uplifting the grey mood at office. Some racing chairs come with really cool innovations like integrated speakers which would enable you to clear your head of all the dull thoughts at office and who knows, the next bright idea might just pop up with that inspiration!
It adds to the design quotient
The racing chairs can really make your workspace look posh and interesting because these pieces are quite sleep to look at and will not be the plain jane office chair reminding you of the hectic meeting schedules all the time. You can just mentally drift to the fast lanes where your mind is actually wandering, thinking when you would be able to get out of work.
The top 3 things to consider when buying a Racing Seat Office chair
So, what are the points you need to keep in mind before buying a racing chair for your work space?
Please try to search for the two best features, the backrest and the armrest, in the budget that you are investing on. Please do not run after the features but you should check the sturdiness of the base, the height of the backrest and also if the armrests are adjustable.
The adjustability of the chairs is a big thing and you should be extremely careful about this. The armrest is the first thing you should notice. The armrest adjustability not only determines how comfortable your hands would be but also this would, with the course of time, affect your back muscle as well. The armrest should be at a perfect height and should not be too high or low. If the armrests are too low, then it shall call the individual to slouch and sit. Also, the seat height should be something which can be adjusted as well.
Seat pad and upholstery
Most of the racing chairs have really superior upholstery which is mainly wrapped in leather. This is due to the fact that leather is extremely easy to clean and maintenance is easy. The leathers can be real or faux but the finish is what that matters. The leather upholstery makes the individuals really comfortable. It also absorbs the heat that is generated due to sitting on a particular spot for a long time. At times, mesh fabrics are also used for the gaming chair upholstery. The mesh chairs help in controlling sweat. The cotton upholstery is extremely cheap but they shall not be good for long time investment.
Do you know you can convert your car seat into a racing car chair?
DIYs are the new cool, as you all know. So we present to you some tips on how you can transform a car seat or a racing car seat into a racing car chair which would be the best throne you can occupy!
So let’s focus first on what are things that you need to gather to get this things rolling:
- Old seats
- Spray adhesive of a considerable amount
- Rust remover
- Good quality foam
- Spray paint
- Leather seat covers
- Hardware as needed
Step: Dismantle and assemble
Since the seats are old, they would need some hard work to dismantle the entire seat. Surely you would notice all the parts which needs rust remover in this very step.
Step: Foam creation
To create the exact shape of the foam for your seat, take some parchment paper, trace out the shape of the chair and cut out the foam. You should be very careful that the foam will compress over time, so do keep ample amount of space between the parchment paper and the foam so that it does not get smaller than the required amount after compressing. This will ensure your backrest is properly built.
Step: Bottom section creation
To create the bottom section, you might feel that it is a little difficult, but there is a really easy way. Just cut the foam of the bottom part according to the curves that is present. Take the separate pieces and trace it out on the parchment paper. To make it thick, you can stick the foams one above the other by cutting it out from the same parchment paper.
Step: Glue it up
When the foam is ready, glue it into the cover and let it dry for a considerable amount of time. Once the foam is into the seat covers, it shall look perfectly alright to be installed on the mainframe. Same goes with the backrest. Glue it all up and once it’s dried, it is good to go.
Step: Dismantling an office chair
The next step would include dismantling an office chair to get the base of the chair. Once you unscrew it, the top and the bottom part would come off. You can take a piece of plywood, screw it to the dismantled upper part to it. This will ensure an easy installation.
Step: Colour it up
Take the spray paint of the colour of the seat cover and paint the entire frame where you attached the plywood. You can clean the nuts, bolts, the rackets and other small attachments to ensure that there is not even a spec of rust left.
Now fit all the lose parts together on the individual halves. First arrange the prepared seat foams on the frame in the right way and see that everything fits well.
Step: Final step
Fit the two halves, the top and the bottom and voila!
Your racing chair is ready to rock!
You can use this at your home office or even at your work space and surely the chair looks as good as new. Plus, its something which you have created out of reusable things from the junkyard and undoubtedly a little praise for your own self would do no harm.
DX Chairs: A big Yay or a sombre Nay?
Within the realm of gaming/racing chairs, DX Chairs is the name that shines pretty much on top. The DX Chairs offer a range of premium chairs which is extremely comfortable and has a lot of features which would ease the user of the racing chairs and take them to the next level of comfort. The DX Chairs have a number of common features as well.
- Most of the DX Chairs come with lumbar and headrest cushions and before buying it just check if they are proving it for your model or not.
- The armrests of the DX Chairs are always adjustable.
- The back of the chair should always be reclining to 12 different positions.
- The seat heights should also be adjustable and the chairs will have ergonomic design.
- DX Chairs offers a lifetime support on the chair frames.
Now, the DX chairs have received a lot of reviews and some of the models are considered to be wonderful.
When it comes to DX chairs, there are different kinds of series, for example, the Boss series, the Classic series, the Drifting series, the Elite Series, The formula series, and so on.
Every series has some unique features and the physical appearance of the chairs might be understandable from the name of the series themselves.
The DX Chairs always come with really sturdy bases which are either made of nylon (in case of black) and aluminium (shiny and black) which are always footrest shaped. The aluminium bases can generally withstand more weight than the nylon base and are robust enough to last for years.
Q1. How is a racing seat different from a normal chair?
Ans. The racing seat office chairs are sportier and offer a one-of-a kind look. These support spine and neck effectively as these are designed using the specifications of an actual racing car seat. A higher backrest, which supports the full spine length, a head cushion to relax back and an adjustable armrest are a few features, which make it different from the normal office chairs. A good racing seat chair fits a person’s body size and posture and allows him/her to sit both ergonomically and comfortably. These chairs are designed with caster wheels, a handle-toggle for adjusting tilt/height to make them super comfy for people.
Q2. Do these support a formal environment in an office?
Ans. Frankly speaking, it should not have a problem adjusting to a professional working environment, as style never takes over the comfort. These chairs are super comfy and are much appreciated among all other categories of office chairs.
Q3. How much height and weight do racing chairs support?
Ans. The racing seat office chairs are designed for all categories of people, so finding the appropriate size for you would not be a big deal. Before buying the chair, take your height and weight into consideration and you would find the right choice for yourself.
Q4. Do racing seat chairs improve your healthy lifestyle and sitting postures?
Ans. The answer to this question cannot be direct as a healthy lifestyle has many factors contributing towards it. But yes, these chairs definitely help to an extent in reducing the health problems to an acceptable amount. The racing seat chairs definitely help in boosting the blood flow to the lower body, it even relieves joint and muscle pains especially in neck and back area. Also, the double cushion seats offer more relaxing space to the buttocks and back.
Q5. Are racing bucket seat chairs meant only for PC gaming?
Ans. No, not at all! Gaming needs longer sitting hours, so ergonomics play an important role in the designing of such chairs. The comfort and well being that a person needs are specially taken care of in these chairs, making these perfectly suiting the people who need to sit for longer working hours. Features like comfort, lumbar support, a reclining, and rocking option make these chairs superior to normal chairs. Also, the entertainment features like built-in speakers, wireless technology, vibration and massage capabilities, and much more make these chairs quite versatile.
Q6. Are racing seat chairs worth investing for?
Ans. Yes, the chairs are worth the investment, not only for the quality and durability but also for the healthy support that it offers to back, neck, head, arms and much more. Also, the leisure features offer an extra leverage to these chairs.
Q7. Do racing seat chairs differ in respect to compatibility according to various gaming systems?
Ans. Yes, these have minor differences but generally, most of the chairs will easily connect to a PS4, Xbox One, or Wii U. For a few chairs, a sort of optical to RCA adapter is needed which makes the chair compatible.
Best Racing Seat Office Chair Comparison Chart For 2017
|DXRacer Classic Series Big and Tall Chair Racing Bucket Seat Office Chairs||$$$$$||Black/Coffee||Leather Style Vinyl, Metal||24 x 27 x 51 inches||66 pounds||<250 lbs / 113.4kg|
|DXRacer Racing Series Newedge Edition Racing Bucket Seat Office Chair||$$$$||Black/Blue||PU, Metal||27 x 21 x 50 inches||49 pounds||<200 lbs / 91kg|
|DXRacer Formula Series Newedge Edition Office Chair||$$$||Black/White||Mesh and PU||27 x 21 x 50 inches||49 pounds||<200 lbs / 91 kg|
|Merax Stylish Devil's Eye Series High-Back Gaming Chair||$$||Orange||PU Leather and Mesh||32 x 26 x 13 inches||40 pounds||225lbs|
|Homall Executive Swivel Leather Office Chair||$||Blue||Metal and Mesh/PU||29.9 x 22.8 x 12.6 inches||35 pounds||280 LBS|
|Furmax Pu Leather Gaming Chair Racing Style Gaming Chair||$$||Red||Pu Leather||21.2 x 19 x 21 inches||N / A||330 LBS|
So now you must have had a good amount of information about the most durable and the most suitable quality racing seat office chairs that you can quickly install at your desk and have a good, or rather a fun time at work. The above are, undoubtedly, the best racing seat office chair reviews for your consideration.